Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ukulele Lady


Well, although this is not a great performance--and not even the entire song--it is kind of fun. Plus, we're always struggling to come up with interesting blog posts so I'm throwing it up here. This is a video birthday card for my friend Dana. If the hula moves look familiar, that is Betty Boop's body lifted from one of her cartoons. (in fact, the one which contains the very first appearance of an animated Popeye.)

For the big uke nerds out there, I'm playing a Kala Pineapple Ukulele. It was a gift from a client of mine; one of the nicest presents I've ever gotten. I think it has a nice sound and it's a lot of fun to play.

And while I'm on the topic of this song, I've got to give some love to one of my favorite versions of Ukulele Lady; it's from the Muppet Show:

No comments: